Become a Member
At The Cove, we recognize the need for formal membership, and we commit to membership for four reasons:
1. A Biblical Reason: It is the Example of the New Testament
“Those who believed what Peter said were baptized and added to the churchâabout three thousand in all.” Acts 2:41 (NLT)
2. A Cultural Reason: It Is an Antidote to Our Society
We live in an age where very few want to be committed to anything...a job...a marriage...our country. This attitude has even produced a generation of “church shoppers and hoppers”. Membership swims against the current of America’s “consumer religion.” It is an unselfish decision. Commitment always builds character.
3. A Practical Reason: It Defines Who Can Be Counted On
Every team must have a roster. Every school must have an enrollment. Every business has a payroll. Every army has an enlistment. Even our country takes a census and requires voter registration. Membership identifies our family.
4. A Personal Reason: It Produces Spiritual Growth
The New Testament places a major emphasis on the need for Christians to be accountable to each other for spiritual growth. You cannot be accountable when you’re not committed to any specific church family.
1. Have you committed your life to Jesus Christ and trusted Him for your salvation?
2. Have you been baptized by immersion (underwater) after you committed your life to Christ?
Cove 101: Discovering The Cove is an introduction to The Cove, and our membership class. At the conclusion of this two-hour class, you’ll have a chance to review the Membership Covenent, fill out a Membership Application and request to become a member of The Cove. Learn more about Cove 101: Discovering The Cove.